The Motorola Droid 4, announced at CES 2012 last month, has officially been given a release date by Verizon. Verizon announced the new Droid 4 will be available at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Friday, Feb. 10th for $199.99, with a 2-year contract.
Here’s a recap of the specs and features:
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB ram
- 16GB of memory
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass
- Government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix® Receiver™ for Android (available in webtop) for desktop virtualization and access
- 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera for video chat
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE – Customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot supporting up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
Additionally, a lapdock will be available for $299.97.