Verizon Wireless and ZTE today announced today at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) the Jetpack 4G mobile hotspot. The Jetback will allow users to connect up to 10 wifi enabled devices to Verizon’s blazing fast 4G LTE network. The hotspot is global ready so it can be used in more than 205 countries. Furthermore, this device is supported by Windows, Mac, AND Linux so all my Linux readers here, you can use this device too. I am a big fan of their 4G network. Once you get a taste, you will never go back.
VERIZON WIRELESS INTRODUCES THE VERIZON JETPACK™, A GLOBAL READY™ 4G LTE MOBILE HOTSPOT DEVELOPED BY ZTE
LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and ZTE today announced the Verizon Jetpack ™ – EuFi890. Developed by ZTE, the Jetpack is a Global Ready ™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot. Harnessing the power of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, the Jetpack allows customers to share blazing fast internet connectivity with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices. The Jetpack will be in the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) and ZTE booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #35466).
The compact Jetpack comes equipped with an OLED screen and interactive keypad to help manage connections and settings and to display data usage alerts. Consumers and international business travelers alike can enjoy Web access in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds, on their Wi-Fi-enabled devices using the Jetpack to watch movies, listen to music and conduct business. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 190 markets.
– 4G LTE: Customers in the United States can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas
– Global Ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless data service in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
– Supports Quad Band EDGE and HSPA
– Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
– OLED display with interactive keypad
– Backward-compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
– Data usage alerts via text message displayed on the Jetpack
– Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n
– Supports Windows®, Macintosh®, Linux, and most other Wi-Fi enabled devices
– Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
– Dimensions: 3.49” x 3.49” x .70”
– Weight: 4.7 oz
The Jetpack will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com in the coming weeks.